About Lincoln Training Center
The mission of the Lincoln Training Center is to foster independence and improved quality of life for individuals with disadvantages or developmental disabilities through maximum effort of the organization’s staff, membership and volunteers. This is accomplished through an unqualified commitment to – and delivery of – diverse, high quality programs and services to Lincoln Training Center’s clients, customers, and the community. Lincoln Training Center is an award-winning, widely recognized leader in teaching adults with disabilities the skills they need to obtain employment and gain independence.
LTC’s programmatic emphasis is to provide vocational programming for individuals with disabilities who may not be able to work competitively in the community, or who may need assistance in maintaining competitive employment. Workers are paid for their services according to their participation and productivity, and receive vacation pay, bonuses and workers compensation benefits.
Services provided by Lincoln Training Center include:
- Transition Partnership Program (TPP): Also known as the school-to-work transition program, TPP offers the opportunity for students, prior to graduating from their special education program, to gain exposure to the world-of-work through onsite classrooms and work-for-pay as they assimilate for assimilate for brief periods of time in LTC’s production facility.
- Habilitation: Habilitation services offer the opportunity to teach individuals with developmental disabilities basic work skills, assist them in raising such skills to meet industrial standards, and learn how to develop and maintain social relationships within a work environment. Services are provided through a team effort of Production Supervisors and Rehabilitation Counselors. Each individual works for pay and receives holiday and vacation benefits.
- Vocational Rehabilitation-Work Activity Program (VR-WAP):
This program provides additional support to clients wishing to make the transition from the base-operated work services program into the community-based supported employment program.
- Supported Employment: The Center’s Supported Employment program places workers into community job settings. Currently, more than 50 offsite companies employee workers from Lincoln Training Center for jobs that include janitorial, landscaping, inventory control, packaging, retail and clerical work. Well-known employers like Nordstrom, CarMax, Air National Guard, Southern California Flower Market, California Automobile Dealers Exchange, Nissan North America and others employ workers from Lincoln Training Center.
- Client Counsel: A Client Counsel promotes self advocacy and provides education to other clients.
The activities of Lincoln Training Center are monitored by a 16-member volunteer board of directors comprised of business, service and community leaders from the Los Angeles County area.
LTC is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit corporation and holds the highest possible accreditation standard with the national Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). The center is an approved vendor with the California State Department of Rehabilitation and the Los Angeles County Office of Education, and is also vendor-approved to provide services in Nevada. Lincoln Training Center maintains active membership in the California Disability Services Association (CDSA), California Alliance of Rehabilitation Industries (CARI), and the State of California Department of Developmental Services.